Friday 26 April 2013

Evaluation Part 2




How does my film trailer use and/or challenge the conventions of existing films trailers?

During the making of my trailer I tried to choose mise-en-scene which fitted the characters. This meant shirts, ties where possible and plain coats or a leather jacket where it suited, for characters outdoors. I also used other mise-en-scene such as a shot of alcohol, and revolver and various office equipment to get across what the characters are.

The shots I have used are mostly done to introduce mystery, a sense of confusion and lack of direction. A lot of them are meant to represent the mind of the main character who is facing a case he is struggling to solve. I feel this suits the mystery of what a film trailer is to some extent.

Some audience feedback




This supports my early thoughts that this music may appeal to more of a male audience. It has action and mostly male roles within it which is stereotypical of what men may look for in a movie. Making the trailer again and increasing the amount of factors which could attract both a male and female audience may be a good idea. 

This is over 50% which is good however people may have questioned the quality of the trailer and whether it was really up to standards. I would find these fair judgement as it wasn't as refined as it should of been and the trailer was a little 'low budget' in places.


This shows that I may need to include more signs, maybe in mise-en-scene? that this is a detective genre movie. While some are in there more would cement the genre for what it is.

I feel this is a reasonable judgement as the trailers and magazine feature the characters in the same of at least similar clothes to what they wore in the trailer. One of the posters also includes similar architecture to the trailer. The colours on the posters aren't really anywhere in the trailer which may be what lowers the recognition.


What I would do differently

The film trailer was finished and edited in a relatively short time. If I was to do the film trailer again I would of make sure I had more time to do it so it was of a better quality. I would also have thought the story through more to make it better and more fitting of the genre. overall for the time it was done in I feel it is an okay trailer but I would rather it were better.

No comments:

Post a Comment